A Warm Invitation is extended to all Parents & Guardians, to Earl Haig SS School Council General Meetings. Please look out for an email the week before the meeting for the meeting agenda. We usually start at 7:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria, but if we have special topics or presenters, the start time may be different.
A Warm Invitation is extended to all Parents & Guardians to attend Earl Haig SS School Council General Meetings. The meeting agenda will be emailed the week before the meeting. Meetings usually start at 7:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria, but if we have special topics or presenters, the start time may be different.
- Sept 17, 2017 - Annual General Meeting and Time Management Tips
- Oct 17, 2017 - Tips for Success at Earl Haig
- Nov 7, 2017 - University and College Night (7 p.m. start)
- Jan 16, 2018 - Understand the Academic and Elective Course Selection Procedures (7 p.m. start)
- Feb 6, 2018
- April 3, 2018
- May 8, 2018
School Parents' Council Constitution, click here.
Sign up for Emails
Please enter your email address below in order to be added to our email list:
Job Opportunities Brochure
Map of the School Area
Here to E-Mail School Council Co-Chairs
About the Earl Haig Parent School
The Earl Haig Parent School Council is made up of members of the local school community - parents, community members, students, teachers, non-teaching staff and the principal - who have or wish to have an impact on or input into the education of its students. The School Council creates a vital link among parents, community members, students and the school staff to share concerns, goals, and issues that contribute to success for every student.
The Earl Haig School and Parent Council:
- promotes parental involvement in our school by providing a voice for parents and an opportunity for sharing information concerning our school, community and board issues,
- makes recommendations to the principal or school board on any matter that affects student learning in meaningful ways, and,
- advocates on behalf of students and the school through regular contact with the Board Trustees, Administrators and other schools in our area.
School/Parent Council Executive 2017/2018
|CO-CHAIRS:||Susan Kenney & Phi Than|
|VICE-CHAIRS (Claude Watson):||Wen Jie Li|
|VICE CHAIRS (Collegiate):||Forouzan Moslemi|
|WARD MEETING REP:||Houman Amini|
|MEMBERS-AT-LARGE:||Carol Cai, Helen Cheng, Sarah Chung, Marina Matskevitch, Steven Mogdan, Cyrus Rahimi, Candy Yang, Mei Zong|
|STAFF REPS (Teaching Staff):||Michael Canzi|
|STAFF REPS (Non-Teaching Staff):||Doreen Darling/Lorena Ferrone|
|Parent Volunteers supporting the School Council Executive:||Craig McRae, Heather Saba, Coco Ke, Janet Kwas, Esfandiar Ahadi, Aisha Samson, Caroline Cochien, Edmond Wong, Clara Juando-Prats, Gonenc Fenton, Waheeda Abedi|
|SAC (President)||Briteny Ngaw|
|SAC (Vice-President)||Helen McGrath|